Friday, January 15, 2010

What a Cute Baby!!!


Yes, this cute little baby is me! Everyone on facebook is changing their profile pictures to their baby pictures. But I really got to thinking about babies in my religion class today. Brother Anderson shared this quote with us:

Everywhere in nature we are taught the lessons of patience and waiting. We want things a long time before we get them, and the fact that we wanted them a long time makes them all the more precious when they come . . . A man has a much greater capacity to enjoy that for which he has labored for a number of years than one who has a similar object given to him.

(President Joseph F. Smith, Gospel Doctrine, pp. 297-298)


I won't lie. There are definitely moments when I yearn for my own kids that are not yet to be born. But that quote did remind me of that yearning and also brought me peace.
I hope it brings peace to anyone else that is also seeking it.

No comments: