Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Twenty One and Single!!!

So I've been spending time with family. I had decided that I wasn't going to write on my blog my entire trip, but obviously, that goal isn't going to work.
Let me tell you about my family's different ages.
Sam (boy) is 9; Anna is 11; Caden is 12; Jordan is 14; Jacob is 16; and Devin is 17. I'm 21. Then the adults are 40+. Any of the extra family we've spent time with is either a Devin's age or younger OR the older adults' ages. Talk about being singled out!
There are advantages to being the one and only. There's no one for them to compare me against or whatever. I've always enjoyed having my "alone time", but then there are times when I really do want to spend time with people my own age. So I really am hoping to spend some time with my friend, Sam (another boy), tonight or maybe tomorrow before I head home.
So all together, alone time is great, family time is grand, but spending time with people your own age is amazing!!!
And then there are definitely times when I would appreciate my family toning down the teasing. There's becoming a fine line between teasing and annoying. Like constantly reminding me that I still live at home. That I don't have a car. I'm not going on a mission. I'm not married. I'm not this or that. *SIGH!*
I like being 21 and single. I really do, but this is definitely one of those things where life isn't perfect and it's not always the way we want it to be.

If you don't understand this post, it's ok. I guess it's just one of those venting sessions. Kinda hard to vent when there's no one around YOUR OWN AGE!!!!

1 comment:

Nicole Marie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.