Wednesday, August 12, 2009

That's Something To Be Proud Of

I was thinking over things in my life right now. Life's gotten tough since Dad lost his job and began his search for a new one. Money's starting to get tight, but I am grateful for the things that we don't need to worry about. For example, none of us kids are still in braces, we still have a roof over our head, or the one that EVERYONE is so happy about: Dad lost his job after Mom's cancer went into remission.
But I'm truly grateful to see for myself how tough life can be; that my life wasn't very "cushy" and I know how to budget. I still remember going to college and there was a time when it was between feeding myself or going to a movie.
I may be stretching to meet ends meet after I go into teaching. I'll probably work full-time as a teacher and part-time doing something else just to make ends meet. But you go into teaching to teach, not for the money.
So while times are tough, there are many blessings all around!



"Let me tell you right now

That's something to be proud of
That's a life you can hang your hat on
You don't need to make a million, just be thankful to be workin'
If you're doin' what you're able
And puttin' food there on the table
And providing for the family that you love
That's something to be proud of"

No comments: