The day before my 21st birthday, my friend, Jess, bet $5 that Matt and I would be engaged by the end of the summer. Today, she sent me a message, "Are you engaged yet?" With all the crazy resume writing and job searching I've been doing today, I needed the laugh. I just haven't had the guts yet to tell her that we're not dating anymore.
My friend, Kevin, is having a hard time because Laura is in Utah for a whole month. How many days til she comes home? Kevin knows! He was telling me he started missing her after he dropped her off at the airport and will probably "go crazy" with missing her after the third day she's gone. I reminded him of whom he was talking to. He smiled knowing quite well that I knew what he was feeling; the feeling you get when you don't have them by your side.
Our break up was the right thing for both of us. I've grown so much in the little months since. I've learned more about myself, my life, my family, and more. I've even been pushing boundaries for more independence. Breaking up with Matt was one of the best things that could've happened to either of us.
I went on conversing with Kevin. I told him that there will be days that will go by faster than others. There will be days that feel like they're just dragging on and on.
There are days that I can make it on my own. Then there are moments that remind me how much I miss him. Not the missing a person you never see. It's just missing them, if you can understand what I'm saying. I'm just hoping that with time it won't hurt as much. Only One knows.
But you can see two pictures I "borrowed" of him. His crazy, fun-loving side and his sensitive side with his little nephew, Cohen. He's pretty amazing, if I do say so myself.
My friend, Kevin, is having a hard time because Laura is in Utah for a whole month. How many days til she comes home? Kevin knows! He was telling me he started missing her after he dropped her off at the airport and will probably "go crazy" with missing her after the third day she's gone. I reminded him of whom he was talking to. He smiled knowing quite well that I knew what he was feeling; the feeling you get when you don't have them by your side.
Our break up was the right thing for both of us. I've grown so much in the little months since. I've learned more about myself, my life, my family, and more. I've even been pushing boundaries for more independence. Breaking up with Matt was one of the best things that could've happened to either of us.
I went on conversing with Kevin. I told him that there will be days that will go by faster than others. There will be days that feel like they're just dragging on and on.
There are days that I can make it on my own. Then there are moments that remind me how much I miss him. Not the missing a person you never see. It's just missing them, if you can understand what I'm saying. I'm just hoping that with time it won't hurt as much. Only One knows.
But you can see two pictures I "borrowed" of him. His crazy, fun-loving side and his sensitive side with his little nephew, Cohen. He's pretty amazing, if I do say so myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment