Thursday, December 31, 2009

Salt Lake City

I arrived in Idaho Falls today with Jerusha and her parents. We spent some time this morning in SLC. We had the chance to go into the Church 1st Presidency building. GORGEOUS!!! My favorite room was the Onyx Room and the "fancy" 1st Presidency Meeting Room. The Onyx Room is called that because the walls are all made of onyx and has a gorgeous crystal chandieler. The fancy meeting room has wooden walls with constant matching wood. Even the ceilings have matching wood that looks like butterflies. Very beautiful! We also had the chance to go to the Joseph Smith building and see a few different views. (Pictures to come soon!) Ending with a walk through temple square and a little ways into the new family history center.
I'm still waiting for my laptop to arrive (scheduled to arrive late Monday). Tomorrow is just a day to chill around. We'll probably go out and show Jerusha and her parents more of Idaho Falls. Saturday is going to be busy with moving into dorms/apartments and running around campus getting ready for school the following Tuesday.
I'll try to update my blog as often as I can while in school. I'm hoping that I can use parts of my Sundays to do so. But you never know ;)

No comments: