Thursday, March 12, 2009

Crazy Drama (Irony)

So today, I laid down to take a nap. At around five-ish, my phone rang. Guess who it was?!?! My "sister" Sarah! She and I have known each other since I was born! We've always considered ourselves family, not to mention we've actually fought like family too!
One of the first things she says, "Tell me all the details!!!" And of course, she's talking about my relationship with Matt. I told her the story of before he even got home from his mission to the "jist" of nowadays. She couldn't believe all the crazy drama that had been going on before we had actually met! But of course, it made me think. Maybe I should thank all those girls and their crazy drama.
It's always been said that when things get tough, that's when your true colors show. I love that Matt doesn't care what other people think. So while people were talking behind my back, he "came forward" to tell me that he didn't care. He would continue to be my friend.
It amazed me that he did such a thing. Not soon afterwards, I felt the need to re-evaluate my social circle. My friends don't judge. They're supportive types. If all you're going to do is "talk smack" about a person, you're no friend of mine. But I do hope that when everything comes to a close that at least someone has decided to stick around you. Everyone needs at least one friend.
But I think, all in all, all that crazy drama helped get us where we are today. It was more of a help than a hinder. Then again, everything happens for a reason.

No comments: