So a few days or so ago, I was thinking over everything that has
happened over the past year. And I started to cry like the big cry
baby I've become. A year ago today, Austin and I were the only ones
home. I was packing to fly out to SLC to meet up with some family to
go to school in Idaho. I only got about 45 minutes of sleep that
night. I'm sure that I'll be getting more sleep than that tonight. I
spent the new year's eve sleeping in my bed, which is exactly what
I'll be doing again this year. I like my sleep!
I started going to school in Idaho (the 'I' as everyone liked to call
it, compared to the 'Y'!) My first night with my roommates, Amber,
Tami, and Aubrey, we went out to eat. Amber became my doctor
throughout the term, as I had a tendency to get hurt (ex. concussion
from going sledding!). Aubs (Aubrey) became my alarm clock most of the
time and the only other person who was allowed to use my laptop!
Tami...well...she became the big sister I never really had. I still
talk to her. She listens to me, but also tells me what I need to hear
and says it in a way that I'll actually understand. I took 15 credits
my first term (5 3-credit classes; I'm never doing that again!) That
wasn't a really good term for me. Let's just leave it at that, but it
did put some perspective in my life.
The second term began and I busted my right foot (I still can't stand
constantly for hours since). Gained an infection putting me out of
school for about a week. I pretty much spent most of the term in and
out of the health center (leaving me with a HUGE dent in my pocket!)
Sadly at the beginning of the term, I had an old friend of my
roommate's come over one night and decided to tell me, "You don't know
who you are or what you're doing because you're 19." (If I understand
correctly, my roommate hasn't really liked him since! She's so
amazing!)I later found out with my mom that this young man and I used
to be in the same stake in Chicago. My mom then said, "I, then, wonder
if he was as big a jerk then as he is now." Interesting though, I did
learn one thing from him that I didn't know. I've always had my dad
around and when he wasn't we always had a priesthood holder friend
around. You're supposed to use your home teacher for priesthood
blessings. Never knew that.
Anyways,some of you who remember the weekend in Utah to go on the
Heber Creeper. I hadn't left Idaho since school start in January. I
had about two weeks left in the term. I knew that there was no way
that I was going to be able to get through my finals without a break.
After I fasted, prayed, and talked with some friends and family. I
still remember telling my mom that I was going to Utah that weekend,
then finding out (after telling some of my teachers - who knew my
problems throughout the term) that I had a choir concert that same
weekend. They had decided to change it on us! But I told my student
teacher that I wasn't going to be there. From that day until the day
before I was leaving, he tried to guilt trip me into not going.
Interestingly, I felt sorry for the guy and didn't feel any different
about my decision. I still went.
Since then, I've definitely changed. I came home and have made quite a
few decisions. I'm attending the family ward, not the single's ward.
I've learned more from the family ward in a month than the 6 1/2
months in the single's ward. I've got three side jobs from three
different families in the ward that pay me more than my job at
Baby/Kids GAP (which I absolutely love!). The kids that I have babysat
already, love me and only want me to babysit them! They finally got my
records and are preparing me to find me a calling. I'll be going to
Arapahoe Community College in January. Although my records say that
I'm undecided. I'm really leaning towards Photography! Which I'm
totally into!
All in all, I've learned about myself and the relationships that I
hold. Although it came become hard because I really feel like I don't
really have friends here. But I found the most unlikely of persons
that I can talk to that won't criticize anything I say, well, some of
the things that I say. LOL!
No comments:
Post a Comment