Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Memiors

You could say that I'm not "normal", whatever "normal" is. I'm different, as most would say. I don't have an analyzing mind. I see things as they are, but more of what they could be. People can look at a shadow of a person and just see a shadow, but I see what it could be. A mirage, someone's dream, etc.
I once heard someone say that my generation, and the generations to follow aren't going to have any imagination. We spend so much time on the computer and watching the TV. We don't do anything to let our imaginations run wild.
After talking to a friend of mine one night, it dawned on me that for the longest time I have known what I would always major in at school. Photography. It's a way of showing people what things could be, instead of just what they are.
I will admit that it is hard at times to look at things differently than the rest of the world. The world continually will criticize because it's different. It's not "normal" they say.
My mind is constantly spinning through different things that could be instead of what they truly are. I'm constantly told to come back to reality.

Starting your fashion, wear your heart on your sleeve

Sometimes you reach what's real just by making believe
Unafraid, unashamed
There is joy to be claimed in this world
You even might wind up being glad to be you

Ever ever after
Though the world will tell you it's not smart
Ever ever after
The world can be yours if you let your heart
Believe in ever after
[Ever Ever After: Carrie Underwood]


A life goes by
Romantic dreams will stop
So I bid mine goodbye and never knew
So close was waiting
So close to reaching that famous happy end
Almost believing this was not pretend
Let’s go on dreaming for we know we are
So close
So close
And still so far
[So Close: Jon Mclaughlin]


If only you could know
The things I long to say
If only I could tell you
What I wish I could convey
It's in my every glance
My heart's an open book
You'd see it all at once
If only you would look
You'd understand them all
If only you would try
Not a word would need be spoken
But if I never find a way
To tell you so
Oh, what I would give
If only you could know
[If Only: The Little Mermaid Broadway]

No comments: