I haven't yet taken the time to explain what happened with the BYU Idaho situation. Why suddenly, I announced that I was returning to BYU Idaho.
I was at home one night watching a CES fireside with Hannah. In the middle of the speaker's talk I felt prompted to look at BYU Idaho's Art Education program. It shrugged it off, but it wouldn't go away. Giving in, I got on the computer, in the middle of the talk, and began looking into the Art program. It was the kind of program I wanted with a lot of art classes, but the education classes weren't just about teaching. They're to teach you to teach and then the experience of actually teaching. They're education classes that I became excited about.
Some time later I was prompted to petition my suspension yet again. For what would be the third to fourth time. I put it off and put it off. I didn't know what to write for my petition. I felt that I couldn't remember what had happened. But one afternoon I just began typing. Simply explaining what had happened. I even included that when my mom had been diagnosed with cancer and my grades dropped again, I decided to find an answer. Leading to my diagnosis of PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder).
Going through the process just seemed so super stressful to me. I remember getting an email saying my petition was denied. I went to bed that night, crying. I had cracked. I had gotten discouraged. I remember thinking, why would the Lord have me go through this without making it back? What is the lesson to be learned from that? I cried and cried. The next morning I called the registrar's office explaining that admissions had not yet received my transcripts. They would pull out my petition and do it again.
A week later I had received another email saying my petition had been granted. It didn't feel real. It felt so surreal.
It still does feel surreal at times. I remember a friend of mine, John, once said that it's not going to get any easier. That there are going to be a lot of things thrown his way once he gets back to Idaho. I've had a lot thrown at me. I'm pretty poor and then yesterday found that I have medical bills to pay on top of finding money to pay for school. I'm still trying not to discouraged. After all, I'm pretty blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment